Date Contract Begins:_______________________________________________________________
The Artist/Person named above and the Gallery (Savvy On First) will be referred to as "Gallery" for purposes of this contract" hereby enter into the following Agreement:
1. Agency; Purposes. The Artist appoints the Gallery as agent/broker for the works of art or merchandise to be referred to as ("the Artworks") under this Agreement, for the purposes of exhibition and sale. The Gallery shall not permit the Artworks to be used for any other purposes without the written consent of the Artist.
2. Space Rental. The Gallery accepts those Artworks listed on the attached Inventory Sheet which is a part of this Agreement. Additional Inventory Sheets may be incorporated into this Agreement at such time as both parties agree to other works of art. All Inventory Sheets shall be signed by Artist. Consignment fee is 25% in addition to space rental fee.
3. Warranty. The Artist hereby warrants that he/she created and possesses unencumbered title to the Artworks, and that their descriptions are true and accurate.
4. Duration of Space Rental. The Artist and the Gallery agree the initial term is to be 6 (six) months and that the Artist does not intend to request their return before the end of this term. Payment must be made in advance for two months of space fees. Payment is non refundable whether or not you remove your Artwork from the Gallery. Thirty (30) day notice must be given to the gallery to remove your work even if you plan to remove it on your contract end date and all rent up to contract end date shall be due and payable prior to removal. If in good standing, rental contract may renewed with proper notice and gallery approval. (The artist must contact the Gallery by Email to email@example.com to give notice or make payment or removal arrangements – phone calls are not accepted) WE WILL NOT CONTACT YOU THIS IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY. Artwork not removed after 3 business days will become the sole property of the Gallery.
5. Artist’s Responsibilities. Provide Approved Displays for art work, Advertising of your work in the gallery must include the gallery name and information, Insurance costs, Payment of Space Fees in Advance for contract duration, Set up and Removal of Artwork from the Gallery when requested or upon expiration of contract. Custom work is to follow the same agreement. You must provide Inventory Sheets for all works in the Gallery which MUST include Retail Price and Artists Consignment Code. Each Individual item must have its own tag or sticker that is visible and will not fall off by normal wear and tear and a unique code number. Code will provided by the Gallery. Artist shall update and maintain their display making their best effort to keep it fully stocked at all times.
6. Responsibility for Loss or Damage. The Gallery shall NOT be responsible for Artworks while they are in its custody, however The Gallery will use care in handling and displaying Artworks. Insurance on Artwork is the responsibility of the Artist.
7. Fiduciary Responsibilities. Title to each of the Artworks remains in the Artist then passes directly to the purchaser. All proceeds from the sale of the Artworks shall be held in trust for the Artist. Artist is responsible for all tax responsibilities. The Gallery shall pay any amounts due the Artist in good standing within 30 days of removal. The Gallery has the discretion to refuse payment if all contractual obligations have not been met.
8. Pricing; Terms of Payment. The Gallery shall sell the Artworks only at the Retail Price specified on the Inventory sheet. Any change in the Retail Price, must be agreed to in advance by the Artist and the Gallery.
9. Promotion. The Gallery has the right to promote the sale of the Artworks by displaying them in the store and at the Gallery's discretion promote them on the store website, social media sites or by means of advertisement in print or otherwise.
10. Inventory: The Artist shall have the right to inventory his or her Artworks in the Gallery by Appointment with the Gallery during the Gallery's normal business hours with advance notice.
11. Termination of Agreement. Gallery may request that the Artist take back any or all of the Artworks consigned at any time during this contract and the Artist shall comply promptly. Early termination by Artist must be made in writing and Artist agrees to a termination fee equal to all rent due for entirety of contract plus and additional $99 for gallery costs incurred upon early termination.
12. Miscellany & Choice of Law. This Agreement represents the entire agreement between the Artist and the Gallery. If any part of this Agreement is held to be illegal, void, or unenforceable for any reason, such holding shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any other part. A waiver of any breach of any of the provisions of this Agreement shall not be construed as a continuing waiver of other breaches of the same provision or other provisions hereof. This Agreement shall not be assigned, nor shall it inure to the benefit of the successors of the Gallery, whether by operation of law or otherwise, without the prior written consent of the Artist. This Agreement shall be governed by the law of the State of Florida.
Artist Signature ______________________________ (Date)_______________________
INVENTORY LIST SAMPLE consignment code-description-retail price ABC-1 GREEN ABERCROMBIE SHIRT SIZE S $16.00 ABC-2 CRYSTAL VASE $25.00 ABC-4 EARRINGS BLUE FLOWERS $8.00 ABC-5 ACRYLIC PAINTING "BLUE" 12X14 $250.00
Space Fees: Floor Space: Minimum of $25 per month for up to 24” x 1' plus 25% consignment fee. Wall Space: Minimum of $50 per month for 1” to 48” plus 25% consignment fee. Extra Space is an additional $25 up to one foot. (for example 2' x 2' = $50 or 2' x 3" =$75)
Payment must be made via credit card or paid via PAYPAL to SAVVYONFIRST@YAHOO.COM Direct all mail to: Lisa Boucher, C/O Savvy On First, 2263 First Street, Ft. Myers Fl 33901 Phone 239-561-1399 email: firstname.lastname@example.org